Turk Telekom names Kanafani to group CEO

Turk Telekom names Kanafani to group CEO
(Telecompaper) Turk Telekom appointed Hakam Kanafani as Turk Telekom Group CEO and K. Gokhan Bozkurt as Turk Telekom CEO, effective immediately. Kanafani currently serves as Oger Telecom’s Chief Business Development & Synergy Officer and has been with Oger Telecom since 2006. Kanafani will be reporting to the Turk Telekom board of directors and Turk Telekom Executive Committee. Bozkurt currently serves as the VP of Human Resources at Turk Telekom. His new role will be leading the Turk Telekom Group’s Fixed Network operating entity.[Lees verder]

Brazil adds 1.89 million new mobile users in July
(Telecompaper) The number of mobile phone users in Brazil grewnto 187 million in July, according to the telecommunications regulator Anatel. In July, 1.89 million new users were added, an increase of 1.02 percent over June. In the first seven months of 2010 Brazil recorded 13.06 million new users, the second best result for this period in history, behind only the same period in 2008 (14.35 million). With the result in July, Brazil now has 96.83 mobile phone users for every 100 inhabitants. Of the total number of mobile phones, 153.78 million (82.22%) are prepaid and the remaining 33.24 million (17.78%) postpaid. Vivo remained the market leader with 56.57 million users, or 30.25 percent of the total. It is followed by Claro (25.42%), TIM (24.05%), Oi (19.93%) and others (0.35%).[Lees verder]

Turk Telekom names Kanafani to group CEO
(Telecompaper) Turk Telekom appointed Hakam Kanafani as Turk Telekom Group CEO and K. Gokhan Bozkurt as Turk Telekom CEO, effective immediately. Kanafani currently serves as Oger Telecom’s Chief Business Development & Synergy Officer and has been with Oger Telecom since 2006. Kanafani will be reporting to the Turk Telekom board of directors and Turk Telekom Executive Committee. Bozkurt currently serves as the VP of Human Resources at Turk Telekom. His new role will be leading the Turk Telekom Group’s Fixed Network operating entity.[Lees verder]

Brazil adds 1.89 million new mobile users in July
(Telecompaper) The number of mobile phone users in Brazil grewnto 187 million in July, according to the telecommunications regulator Anatel. In July, 1.89 million new users were added, an increase of 1.02 percent over June. In the first seven months of 2010 Brazil recorded 13.06 million new users, the second best result for this period in history, behind only the same period in 2008 (14.35 million). With the result in July, Brazil now has 96.83 mobile phone users for every 100 inhabitants. Of the total number of mobile phones, 153.78 million (82.22%) are prepaid and the remaining 33.24 million (17.78%) postpaid. Vivo remained the market leader with 56.57 million users, or 30.25 percent of the total. It is followed by Claro (25.42%), TIM (24.05%), Oi (19.93%) and others (0.35%).[Lees verder]